Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sedona & Cash are ready for adoption

We've reached the end of our foster agreement. I'm pleased to say that looking at Sedona & Cash now, you'd never know a few months ago they were emaciated, starving horses. Sedona is looking very pregnant & would be a wonderful opportunity for someone who wants the wonder of having a foal without contributing to overbreeding. I can't imagine her foal won't be an absolute delight. She & Cash have fabulous, people loving temperaments. They've been gracious & gentle with all I've asked of them. Sedona now has the run of our "foaling paddock" as well as the front pasture/pond. She shares a fence line with the other horses where they hang out, visit & Cash still nurses about once a day there. Cash is the little man with my 3 mares. They had finished off a large bale of hay several days ago & had to get by with me putting out stacks in the evening, which of course run out. So they were all excited to have a new large round bale to munch on non-stop. As I was heading back to the barn after getting them set up...Cash looked up at me, left they hay bounty & started following me back. I stopped & waited for him to catch up. He came over, put his head in my hand & I swear said thanks....He knows someone is taking care of him & appreciates it. I imagine all rescues are special...but having know these two personally can say they ARE special. Follow the first link here to find out about adopting them & many other rescues available. The second link is to a slide-show of their progress since coming here. Will get some updated pics of them, this holiday weekend & post here soon.


http://web.me.com/stephb0213/Site/Available_Horses.html

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc295/alicefill/Sedona%20and%20Cash/?albumview=slideshow

1 comment:

  1. I sure hope you will find wonderful homes for the two. Thank you for taking such good care of them.
    Have a wonderful Holiday weekend. I hope you get to enjoy it with your friends and family - two and four-legged! :-)

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 2Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete